Friday 1 January 2010

New year, new blog

Happy New Year to anyone who has stumbled upon the first of an approximately weekly series of posts on my new blog. Only time will tell whether what a 68-year-old Cornishman living in Buckinghamshire has to say will be of interest, but whether you are Cornish or not, there will be a wide variety of subjects week by week. Anyone for whom the mention of Newlyn, the Mennaye Field, Tolcarne (school or pub), H.D.G.S., Scryfa, the Mystery, the Spirit of Mystery or the Rosebud has any meaning is likely to find a kindred spirit here, but equally, those who are interested in writing, Arsenal or the theatre may feel at home. From time to time I shall publish extracts from my own work as a writer or comment on some topic that interests me, and I shall welcome comments, preferably polite but not necessarily agreeing.
As it's New Year's Day, here's a brief nostalgic detail (and I'll try not to include too many of those). Does anyone remember the days when boats welcomed the new year by sounding their horns, as in Newlyn harbour in the 1940s and 1950s? I wonder whether anyone heard such a sound anywhere last night. Next time I'll post some poetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment